Develop plans, and administer policies relating to all phases of Human Resources.
Keep records, prepare information for staff about pay or benefits, policies. Develop ways to improve employment policies. Assist and coach management staff with performance reviews and warnings. Write memos to employees. Prepare documentation and final checks for layoff/termination notices. Manage health insurance, benefits, and address employee questions. Maintain documents related to employee PTO and MA Sick leave, keep employee census current. Recognize and address employee’s attendance issues. Assist Safety team with workmen’s compensation claims maintain physical files in HR. Handle audits for 401K, Insurance companies and assist the Safety team with OSHA audits. Manage 401K plan, updates, distributions, weekly online contributions, forward plan update to employees. Manage UI website process claims paperwork, respond to UI inquiries. Process FMLA and PFML claims and paperwork.
Verify employee hours and process weekly payroll. Maintain employee files and information, benefits, deductions, and direct deposit information via ADP website. Review employee timecards to be sure they are complete and accurate. Verify Staffing company hours/rate and forward weekly time sheets for invoicing. Compare invoiced hours to submitted hours to ensure accuracy and forward to accounts payable for payment once approved. Verify and approve invoices for Insurance benefits and Communicate and build relationships with people in and outside the organization.
Manage the HR assistant and assign various clerical duties. Clerical duties to include the recruitment and interviewing of new hires and assisting with job fairs, maintain training record files. Oversee the scanning of HR documents into Square 9.
- Verify employee hours and process payroll
- Maintain records for paid time off (planned and unplanned), appointments
- Update employee census
- Write letters, memos, job descriptions, policies
- Research policies and labor laws prior to implementing changes
- Maintain/update company handbook
- Attend meetings
- Schedule new hire training with Safety Coordinator
- Communicate with supervisors, peers, or subordinates
- Establish and maintain relationships
- Make decisions and solve problems
- Get information needed to do the job
- Update and use job-related knowledge
- Organize, plan, and prioritize work
- Use computers
- Evaluate information against standards
- Resolve conflicts and negotiate with others
- Provide advice and consultation to others
- Communicate with people outside the organization
- Analyze data or information
- Coach others
- Process employee benefits
- Process employee termination, layoffs, new hires
- Process claim for UI, FMLA and PFML
- Manage incoming mail
Skills and Experience
- Thorough knowledge of payroll systems IE ADP
- Listen to others and ask questions.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Read and understand work-related materials.
- Analyze ideas and use logic to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
- Judge the costs and benefits of a possible action.
- Notice when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Use reasoning to discover answers to problems.
- Understand new information or materials by studying and working with them.
- Recognize the nature of a problem.
- Combine several pieces of information and draw conclusions.
- Remember information such as words, numbers, pictures, and procedures.
- Think of original, unusual, or creative ways to solve problems.
- Recognize when important changes happen or are likely to happen in a system.
- Focus and concentrate while performing a task.
- Be aware of others’ reactions and understand the possible causes.
- Use several methods to learn or teach new things.
- Persuade others to approach things differently.
- Manage the time of self and others.
- Look for ways to help people by motivation, development, and coaching.