CNC MILLING OPERATOR PROFESSIONALS
The qualified candidate will possess technical training and/or 3+ years’ experience as a 3-5 axis, Vertical or Horizontal CNC Mill Operator. This individual will demonstrate the ability to perform complete setup, machine tool calibrations and hold tolerances as directed by operation sheets or blueprints. The candidate must be highly motivated and able to work independently, and a team player with a positive outlook.
- Experience in setting up and operating a CNC 3-5 Axis Milling machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Loading work holding / fixtures into the machines, properly “trammed” to the axis’ and locked down to the machine tables, jaws machined, etc. per operation or set up sheets.
- Cutting tool selection, proper type holder selection, length touch off and diameter setting for compensation and wear values.
- Pick up work coordinate zeros, using edge finder, indicator, or other tool best for specific set up. Set the work zeros in the proper page and understand how to adjust according to inspection findings.
- Ability to inspect part using mechanical inspection tools, collaborate w inspector to find the dimensions and features that don’t meet blueprint or op sheets, then adjust machine parameters (work coord. offsets zeros or tool data) accordingly
- Ability to follow instructions and to read and understand blue prints and drawings.
- Ability to use and interpret most precision measuring gauges including micrometers and calipers.
- Complete all aspects of set up and set up maintenance on the equipment being operated including cutting tools and their holders.
- Ability to sharpen and adjust tools, adjust holders and attachments and to troubleshoot machining problems as necessary.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions and performing general housekeeping duties.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Ability to use basic math and understand instructions and strong mechanical aptitude.
- Willing to work overtime.